Moray Libraries celebrate Libraries Week!
LIBRARIES in Moray are celebrating Libraries Week (3-9 October) and encouraging Moray residents to join in by visiting their local.
Moray Council’s libraries are in 11 locations across the region, from Tomintoul to Burghead, Forres to Cullen and in Elgin, as well as a mobile library serving almost 200 stops.
Services included in a library include:
- Borrowing up to 20 books, with free requests, and no overdue charges for children or those over 60
- Members can access e-content including e-books, magazines, audiobooks for listening to and read at home or on-the-go
- Virtual attendance at a healthcare appointment using the innovative NearMe service, developed in partnership with the NHS
- Free internet access through the People’s Network PCs or through free wifi
- Help and support with technology including laptops and tablets
- Accredited courses through the learning centre
- Access to heritage resources
- Bookbug sessions for 0-4s and their parents or carers
Library membership is free and anyone who stays, works or studies in Moray can join, as can visitors. Find out more about the different types of membership via Moray Council’s website.