Testing sites confirmed for next week for those without Coronavirus symptoms
RAPID testing sites for those without Coronavirus symptoms have been confirmed for the next fortnight.
Testing aims to drive down local Covid-19 rates and transmission by identifying positive cases more quickly, as people can spread the virus to others before symptoms appear.
Moray residents who don’t have any of the three Covid symptoms – a new continuous cough, temperature, loss or change in sense of taste or smell – are encouraged to get tested.
There’s no need to book, simply turn up at the following locations on the days and times listed:
- 30/32 High Street, Elgin, IV30 1BU. 9.30am - 4pm, Monday to Friday
- Station car park, Pitgaveny Street, Lossiemouth, IV31 6NR (drive-in testing site) 9.45 - 11.45am, Wednesday
- Cluny Square car park, Cluny Square, Buckie, AB56 1AH (drive-in testing site) 9.45 - 11.45am, Monday and Thursday
- Regent Square Car Park, Regent Square, Keith, AB55 5DX (drive-in testing site) 1.45 - 3.45pm, Monday and Thursday
- Leys Road Car Park, Leys Road, Forres, IV36 1DS (drive-in testing site) 9.45 - 11.45am, Tuesday and Friday
- Alice Littler Park Car Park, Broomfield Square, Aberlour, AB38 9QP (drive-in testing site) 1.45 – 3.45pm, Tuesday and Friday
- Moray Leisure Centre car park, Borough Briggs Road, Elgin, IV30 1AP (drive-in testing site) 1.45 – 3.45pm, Wednesday
Residents will be tested using lateral flow devices, which give results in around 45 minutes. Any positive cases will then be confirmed by PCR test.
Anyone who receives a positive LFD or PCR test will be asked to self-isolate immediately. Dedicated support is available to anyone who needs to self-isolate, including food packages and financial support.
Lateral flow tests for use at home can be collected from all of these sites too, during their operating hours.